Premier Modular has been shortlisted for a Construction Excellence Award for Health and Safety.
2022 marks the culmination of a three-year programme to revolutionise the health, safety and wellbeing culture and performance at Premier. This has set the benchmark for future progress. The introduction of new systems, personnel and, most of all, the commitment of everyone in the company has resulted in a significant improvement in performance.
Our revolution started in 2019 with the creation of a dedicated team who took over responsibility for health, safety, environment, and quality. Previously responsibility was allocated across a number of departments. In the H&S sphere, their goals are focussed on:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees and supply chain colleagues
- Eliminating hazards and reducing risks to health, including mental health
- Adopting sensible risk management principles to properly protect all stakeholders.
The key components of the revolution that the team introduced are:
- Greater visibility and co-operation
- Better use of technology to record and share data
- Enhanced training for all employees.
David Harris, Managing Director, said, “Many congratulations to everyone in the business who has contributed to our exemplary health and safety record, helping us to maintain the highest standards both in the factory and on site. We would also like to extend our thanks to our health and safety lead, Warren Fothergill.”
“We are thrilled to receive this recognition after all the hard work our teams continue to put in every day.”