Job title: Head of Marketing
Reports To: Managing Director
The Head of Marketing is responsible for the strategic development of the company’s marketing plan, driving forward the successful implementation of the full marketing and sales mix.This post will make a significant and effective contribution to the Management Team, and aid in the development of both the temporary and permanent aspects of the business.
The Head of Marketing reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for all external marketing, the internal marketing team and the Business Development Advisers team (BDA).
This role must maintain professional and productive internal and external relationships, build trust, collaborate and communicate effectively and drive execution.
Experience, Qualifications & Training
Marketing related degree qualified, minimum 7 year marketing experience, creative, innovative, adaptable. Great interpersonal communication, able to hold strong client relationships, strong writing skills, good public speaker, strong people management ability, good leader, well organised, research and analysis ability.
- Develops and executes the marketing strategy in line with overall company objectives. Drive brand growth across UK and Northern Europe to support the business plan growth forecast.
- Plans, presents and then delivers the strategy within the constraints and management of the marketing budget.
- Leads and manages the marketing department and external consultants in line with targets.
- Manages the output and relationship of company PR partners in both the UK and Northern Europe. Assists in securing major media channel exposure and opportunities. Handles crisis PR situations, where necessary.
- Leads, manages and supports the BDA teams, giving them great direction on regional strategies and campaign management. Manage this key interface between marketing and sales.
- Works with the Divisional sales teams to lead the Granularity of Growth exercises for key sub-market targets.
- Demonstratable experience of managing upwards and ability to manage expectations & requirements of different stakeholder priorities.
- Drives forward customer acquisition through all channels.
- Oversees the production of all marketing material and advertising opportunities.
- Pro-actively manages and drive growth through all appropriate social media channels and explores new platforms for development.
- Manages the digital strategy across all channels including the website, e-marketing, SEO/PPC/Google Adwords and online advertising.
- Monitors competitor activity in order to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Acts as a brand guardian for all communications output.
- Manages external agencies associated with the marketing function, as and when required.
- Organises and attends company-wide or marketing events.
- Supports the HR team to ensure internal brand values communications are embedded in the wider team.
- Presents regular updates and information to other department heads and executives.
- Evaluates marketing reports and sales data compiled by marketing staff members.