Job title: Design Manager
Department: Rental Design Department
Reports To: Technical Manager – Rental
- To ensure Products and Projects are designed and built to conform to all client and regulatory requirements.
- Produce required production design drawings and information for the factory/site to build the project as required. Check other designer’s drawings & details
- Produce and maintain standard details & specifications
- Maintain and design processes in line with Company QA systems.
- Support the Technical Manger as required
Experience, Qualifications & Training:
- Design management experience.
- AutoCad experienced.
- Commercially aware.
- Modular build and traditional build knowledge essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Manage your own production design work load & outsourced design teams effectively.
- Prioritise and programme workload in line with project programmes.
- Work with internal & external designers when required.
- Support, guide & coach other members of the design team as & when required.
- Design processes and procedures to be followed.
- Ensure deadlines are met for each project to an agreed quality level and on time in full.
- Develop products in line with the Business needs.
- Develop and find new materials when required that add to our product offerings.
- When required assist in reviewing Pdoc / CP’s and drawings to ensure all are correct.
- Design role in support, development and Product cost reduction for our modular product systems
- Actively review & detailing of our various product offering
- Produce product drawings & schedules
- Attend All Factory Project Launch Meetings
- Send out in a timely manner project drawings to relevant sub-contractors for quoting and pass on to Operations to raise the order.
- To prepare drawings and technical information for rental sales managers, production drawings for issue to the factory and site details for our operations teams (site installation) by using AutoCAD Revit to produce accurate, high quality plan drawing / elevations / specifications etc, where possible providing these solutions utilizing either buildings or units from our existing rental fleet to meet the clients requirements.
- To ensure buildings comply with current Building Regulations and other statutory requirements (including building bulletin for schools, HTM’s for health care and codes of practice etc) where required.
- Where necessary to liaise with Local Authorities / architects / clients etc in order to obtain Building Regulation & Planning approval for schemes.
- To liaise with clients (either by telephone / site visits etc) and other internal staff as appropriate on queries relating to drawings / production details etc.
- Attend launch meetings with rental and production teams internally.
- Prepare production drawing and design information for issue to Production departments.
- Liaise & coordinate with external sub-contractors on designs and provide technical assistance where required to resolve any potential conflicts to ensure that their works are compatible with our buildings.