Job Title Financial Planning Analyst
Reports To Group Finance Director
Reporting to Premier’s Group Finance Director, we are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Financial Planning Analyst to join the finance team in this new role.
Experience, Qualifications & Training:
- Qualified or well progressed part qualified accountant, technically sound.
- IFRS technical knowledge.
- 2+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and modelling.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Good knowledge of financial strategies.
- Inquisitive self-starter.
- Strategic thinker and clarity of thought.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (including competent use of MS Powerpoint)
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical thinker with obvious clarity of thought, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Using the Group Planning Model, ensure the strategic plan is always measured against reality.
- Support the Divisional teams to develop operating and financial plans to achieve the overall strategic plan.
- Carry out monthly variance analysis comparing budget and rolling forecast with actual.
- Provide insightful and actionable analysis which challenges the business and aids management with decision making.
- Review and develop the reporting, analytical and decision-making tool kit to maximise value for Premier. This will include utilising the vast data set and analytical functionality generated by the newly implemented ERP system.
- Provide analytical support to the wider Group team (Managing Director and Corporate Strategy Director) to review individual capital investment requests as well as other key strategic decisions e.g. major project opportunities, international expansion, M&A, debt, etc.
- Lead the annual budgeting and 5-year business planning process, developing our working models that are flexible to support our changing needs.
- Assist the Divisional teams with quarterly forecast updates
- Support the internal audit committee, ensuring compliance with company processes and accounting standards.
- Act as whistle blower contact for the business.
- Lead ad-hoc projects across the business when required.