Job Title Document & Compliance Controller
Department Operations – Rental
Reports To Head of Operations – Rental
Document controller is a controller responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient preparation and management of documents. They control the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by technical teams, projects, or departments.
Experience, Qualifications & Training:
There are no official qualifications that are required to become a document controller; however, the following are recommended:
- National vocational qualifications (NVQ).
- Knowledge of ASITE, BIW, 4projects or any other document control system.
- Strong IT skills in MS office including outlook, excel and word.
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to multitask
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient typing skills
- Minute taking
Principle Accountabilities including but not limited to:
- Full responsibility for the control, co-ordination and record keeping of the departments documentation inc PC Certs, ITP’s, Compliance Reports, Budget Work, handover documentation, Non-Conformance reports, lessons Leart etc.
- Manage requests for documentation by clients, including any uploads/submittals to client portals.
- File documents in physical and digital records and ensure appropriate storage.
- Review and maintain the accuracy of the records, editing where necessary to ensure they are up to date and making any amendments as requested.
- To liaise with and distribute project related information with all levels of the project team and potentially external parties.
- Manage the processes around documentation within the division, not
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive documentation.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects when required for Head of Operations.
- Oversee / lead the Operations admin team.