Job Title Commercial Manager – Rental Division
Reports To Head of Commercial and Finance for Rental Division
To manage the Commercial department in order to maximise margin, ensure timely submission of applications and produce a weekly cashflow for the Division. Assist with final accounts and manage sub contractors certifications. Ensure all project administration is up to date and problem projects are managed proactively.
Experience, Qualifications & Training:
- Degree in Commerce, Quantity Surveying
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience
- Knowledge of construction contract law preferable
- Management of commercial leads and their activities
- Commercial management and reporting for all projects
- Resolve Final Account disputes with clients and Sub-contractors within 2 months of off hire and dilaps are maximised.
- Review Contractors proposal and P Doc to ensure margin accuracy and risk as well as if project is cash neutral.
- Review and understanding of contracts and associated risk areas
- Weekly meeting with operation to keep current with variation orders and progress on projects.
- Review live D&E jobs with Commercial Leads every two weeks
- Lead weekly CPR meeting covering all live projects.
- Ensure application register are maintained for projects and commercial leads.
- Review contingencies to ensure appropriateness.
- Ensure timely application of monies.
- Ensure we maximise collection of outstanding cash and resolution of customer queries/accounts.
- Complete CPR testing in IFS and assist in converting data into new system.
- Compare P doc’s to scope to monitor overspend and any margin degradation
- Monitor costs and margins on projects in hire cycle due to maintenance, remedial and variation orders
- Time / task management of commercial leads
- Assist with negotiations of subcontractors to maximise margin through negotiation and tighter control over costs and variation orders.
- Assist Commercial leads with ad hoc tasks,
- Assist Commercial Leads with collection of cash when required
- Attend all launch meetings and ensure appropriate information is presented