Job title: Service Desk Manager
Reports To: IT Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Service Desk Manager seeking to make an immediate impact to our organisation. The successful candidate will be innovative, collaborative and driven and ultimately responsible for providing the ICT support service to all of our customers across the group.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong technical and organisational skills and be able to recognise where processes can be streamlined to ultimately improve the end user experience. This is a hands-on role and the candidate is expected to be actively involved in the fulfilment of service desk tickets.
- Manage the Service Desk including assets, incidents and problem management, offering hands on support to assist with Hardware, Software and Networking
- Develop and manage the solution database and promote its contents to offer a true self-help knowledge base.
- Develop and manage the Customer Satisfaction review process and ensure that feedback is reviewed and responded to in all instances. Best practice should be identified and promoted to deliver best value to the group.
- Manage the client facing assets, including licensing, procurement and stock control, ensuring the client estate remains fit for purpose and in line with the renewal policies.
- Continually review and update request handling adhering to escalation policies and procedures ensuring that the SLAs are achieved.
- Track and analyse trends in Service Desk requests and generate feedback through monthly statistical reports.
- Assess the need for and recommend any system reconfigurations or emerging training requirements based on request trends.
- Ensure standard operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied in line with best practice.
- Provide leadership to the service desk team members.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Self-motivated to deliver the required results and assist the support team.
- Strong technical background with experience in Windows, Linux, and some macOS operating systems, as well as typical software applications (including MS Azure AD and O365, EOL, Teams and SharePoint) and network technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to identify and resolve technical issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced and growing business environment.
- ITIL Foundation v4
- Manage Engine, Service Desk
- 2+ Years in a similar role with similar customer volume (~300 users)
- Transformation of an IT Service Desk into a High Performing Team
- Designing, Implementing and Continually Improving processes and procedures
- Management Reporting