Job title: Technical & Design Manager
Department: Rental Division
Reports To: Rental Divisional Director
- To ensure Products and Projects are designed and built to conform to all client and necessary regulatory requirements. These are to be designed and value engineered accurately and on time to meet business needs.
- New products are to be developed in line with Business and Market needs to stay at the front edge of the Modular Hire Industry.
- Improve all processes within the Rental Design department, with the aim of maximising standardisation, automating systems, and improving both efficiency and accuracy.
Experience, Qualifications & Training
- Project design management experience.
- AutoCAD experienced.
- Commercially aware.
- Modular build and traditional build knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Manage the Rental Division design team and resource levels / abilities on a day to day basis.
- Manage / coordinate all outsourced design teams, sub-contract designers and engineers effectively.
- Prioritise and programme workloads in line with project programmes and enquiry deadlines.
- Design all buildings within the cost constraints of the estimate / pdoc.
- Verify designs to both pdocs and CPs.
- Ensure all tenders / quotations have full technical appraisal.
- Communicate daily with the sales team and Head of Precon over enquiry drawing status.
- Support the sales team and head of Precon where necessary to maximise order book.
- Ensure the designers are actively involved in the selection of modules to provide the most cost-effective solutions.
- Continually improve design processes and procedures for both accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with the team to enhance their skills and work ethic to minimise errors.
- Ensure team deadlines are met for each project to an agreed quality level and on time and in full.
- Keep up to date with the latest design standards and building regulations and ensure products and building designs always comply.
- Develop products in line with the Business needs, including modules, Value added products and sustainability offerings.
- Research the market to find new materials that add to our product offerings.