Job title: Production Manager
Department: Production – Factory
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
To supervise a team of skilled and semi-skilled craftsmen, ensuring the manufacture of a quality product to meet client requirements, on time and within budget and to achieve factory targets.
Experience, Qualifications & Training
- A time-served craftsman or QBE (qualified by experience)
- Team leader experience
- Reporting on a daily basis to the Manufacturing Manager on the progress of the factory unit and programme.
- Handling of disciplinary / grievance issues as and when required.
- Planning and scheduling manpower to ensure adequate man hours per job.
- Identifies training needs and, where applicable, carries out training within the team.
- Communicate quality problems and report information to the Manufacturing Manager and the Quality Control Manager.
- Ensure responsibility for persons within the team and within the team area in event of fire.
- Carries out the quality and process standards of operations, ensuring they are maintained and achieved and being responsible for identifying and attaining improvements in those standards.
- Ensure that the working environment, including health and safety issues, timekeeping, absenteeism, housekeeping, machine and equipment maintenance is within guidelines and up to Company standards.
- Be involved in initiating any improvements.
- Check attendance at start of shifts.
- Be in attendance when self-certification forms are being completed and countersign them.
- Ensure with the team that adequate levels of raw materials, packing and labels are available to meet production plan.
- Front briefing sessions / tool-box talks to team and ensure two way communications.
- Ensure tool-box talk records are kept up to date.
- Ensure Method Statements and Risk Assessments are in place for all relevant tasks.
- Ensure team is aware of production plan and is fully competent both in quality and safety terms in being able to complete the plan.
- Check and countersign timesheets.
- Ensure location of team members are known at all times within working hours.
- To undertake additional working hours to the normal working day on a roster basis as and when required. This may include early morning, late evening and weekend working. All additional hours will be paid as per your contract of employment.
- Ownership of project manufacture timeline
- Review programme/sequence issued by the Manufacturing Manager
- Populates manning requirements for the factory and workstations and daily needs
- Attend Manufacturing Managers daily meeting
- Issuing labour requirements
- Daily factory programme and status updates
- Chase material allocations to ensure production schedules are met
- Chase/resolve daily design/material issues highlighted by cell leaders
- Ensures smooth running of the factory, supplying key communications to module workstations.