Job title: Business Development Manager – Healthcare
Department: Rental Division
Location: Brandesburton (National Role)
Reports To: Divisional Director
- Lead and manage the strategy for achieving growth of rental revenue in the Healthcare Sector
- To take responsibility for securing order intake in a consistent manner to achieve a minimum of our budgeted levels for Healthcare.
- To ensure the work won fits our Company risk profile so that schemes can be profitably delivered.
- Develop and implement the Business Development strategy for Healthcare.
- Target appropriate projects that allow us to secure a minimum of our budgeted margin levels.
- Develop a pipeline funnel of appropriate shape and size to feed our order intake budgets.
Experience, Qualifications & Training
- An excellent communicator.
- A relationship builder.
- Contractually and commercially aware.
- Having reasonable knowledge of the terms of JCT D&B and NEC3 forms of contract.
- Excellent working knowledge of NHS and Health trust requirements and procurement processes
- The successful candidate would preferably have a minimum 5 years’ experience in an equal / similar role, from within a Design and Build, Modular or Main Contracting background.
- To lead and manage the Healthcare sales strategy within Rental to increase awareness of Premier’s offering and generate a significant increase in business in the sector
- Build relationships with key decision makers in all areas of the healthcare sector
- Work closely with the Rental Division BDA team to ensure opportunities are identified and the business is promoted effectively to the appropriate targets
- Work closely with the Marketing team to promote the business and develop marketing strategies to generate interest in the healthcare sector.
- To develop the correct profile pipeline to feed our budgeted Business growth. This is from early market intelligence through to negotiated orders.
- To analyse the market and competition in the sector to help the development of our strategy
- Ensure pricing and margin decisions taken when quoting opportunities remain in line with company expectations
- To improve the company marketing to raise our profile continually in the market.
- To ensure work bid is appropriate in terms of margin opportunity and risk profile.
- To work closely with the Bid Manager to ensure our offers to the market are of the highest quality to improve our chances of negotiating successfully.
- To identify and pursue relevant frameworks and support the Bid Manager during applications
- To grow our strategic customer partnerships to get more repeat negotiated work.
- Ensure all pipelines and sales reports are accurate and meaningful so that good Business decisions can be made.
- To give the internal teams market feedback to then help steer new product development to grow the Business.
- To work with the rest of the Business to ensure they fully understand the detail of what has been sold so that it can be operationally delivered to meet the clients needs.
- Ensure the company CRM system is accurate and up to date at all times
- Specifically promote Value Added Products and services with every order to generate additional revenue